English Itinerary of The Week
This week in Paris grants you many opportunities for new experiences! Along with an exhibition by none other than Takashi Murakami, you will find events surrounding film, heritage, cosplay, and horror!
Takashi Murakami at Galerie Perrotin (Oct 16th-Dec 21st)
- Since his first exhibition at Perrotin in 1995, Takashi Murakami has been recognized as one of the most prominent contemporary artists of his time. Inspired by manga and kawaii culture, his work combines the most cutting-edge techniques with traditional Japanese art. This exhibition presents 20 works at Perrotin’s Salle de Bal at 60 rue de Turenne, this showroom is usually closed to the public and only available to visit by appointment. The larger space of the Galerie is dedicated to Mr. DOB, with a 5-foot sculpture in the center of the room surrounded by 6 portraits of the character. Murakami also presents the debut of his sculpture, Devil Ko2, a hypersexualized lifesize manga sculpture that took him over 10 years to complete. This exhibition is a must-see!
Cultural Heritage Show at the Louvre (Oct 24th-27th)
- Every year, the cultural heritage show gathers 300 exhibitors at the Carrousel du Louvre. In its 25th year, the theme of the event will be “Future In Heritage,” following the tragedy of Notre Dame. Organized by the Ateliers d’Art de France, the show is an occasion for professionals and the public to learn about trades and different issues related to cultural heritage.
Pariscience Film Festival (Oct 25th- Oct 30th)
- Every year in October the National Museum of Natural History and the Institute of Earth Physics in Paris host a film festival featuring a free selection of the best of recent French and international scientific documentaries. This edition of the festival will show 56 films, 25 unpublished programs, 120 scientific speakers and film crews, and represent 10 different countries. You can view the program here.
Comic-Con Paris (Oct 25th- 27th)
- The pop culture festival is back at the Grande Halle de la Villette this year! This is the perfect occasion for fans to meet creators, actors, and artists of their favorite movies, TV shows, and Youtube Channels. Hunger Games fans can expect to see Alexander Ludwig, who played Cato in the Hunger Games saga, as well as Björn Ironside from the Vikings series. Doctor Who and Avengers fans will be excited to see Karen Gillan, and Amy Acker that Angel series fans know as Winifred Burkle. Of course, the cosplay competition will also be held per usual.
Le Manoir De Paris
- Take a chance and visit Paris’ first haunted house! Located in the heart of Paris, you’ll get the experience to step into a theatrical experience. With over 30 actors, you will discover the dark history of Paris in an all-immersive and interactive experience that’s a must-see for thrill-seekers. Get your tickets here.
Visual: © CC BY 2.0