Paris Itinerary of The Week… English Version!
This week in Paris will be filled with new and emerging artists. With the International Contemporary Art Fair, as well as the MaMa Festival, you are in to discover current music and talented artists from across the globe.
FIAC Week of Contemporary Art (Oct 17th to Oct 20th)
- With the 46th edition of the FIAC, there will be 197 art galleries together at the Grand Palais for the International Contemporary Art Fair. You will find installations of contemporary artworks by artists across the world at the Jardin des Tuileries, the Petit Palais, and Place Vendome.
Jardin De Tuilleries and Place De la Concorde
- More than 20 confirmed artists (including Pierre Ardouvin, Jonathan Meese, Vladimir Skoda, Alex Katz, and many others) will be installing their works in the Jardin De Tuilleries. Take a walk through the garden to enjoy the monumental works, free of charge.
Yayoi Kusama at Place Vendome (Oct 14th to Oct 30th)
- Each year Place Vendome hosts an unusual art at the FIAC. This year it’s 90-year-old Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama, known for their impressive installations.
Gallery Night (Oct 17th)
- From 6 PM to 8 PM a selection of galleries will be open for a nighttime stroll through the city. Visit the Parisian galleries in a different way, with artist talks as well as art and design exhibitions.
MaMa Festival (October 16th-18th)
- This week, the neighborhoods of Montmartre and Pigalle in the 18th arrondissement will be invaded by the MaMa Festival for its 10th edition. 10 concert halls will participate in the event including Les Trois Baudets, The Palladium Bus, and the Moulin Rouge. You can find the program here, simply purchase a day pass and attend all the concerts, artist talks, and classes you want!
Visual: ©CC BY 2.0